I’ve never been a fan of gnocchi, but the lure of this recipe got me…and I’m so glad I made it. It was delicious!
Did you know, sweet potatoes:
- are an excellent source of beta carotene, vitamin C, and potassium. They are also a decent source of many other vitamins and minerals.
- contain good levels of beta-carotene, which can be converted to vitamin A and help support your immune system and gut health.
- are rich in antioxidants that protect your body from free radicals.
- contain fiber and antioxidants that promote the growth of good gut bacteria and contribute to a healthy gut.
It was easy to make and we paired it with a red sauce one night and a white mushroom sauce another night….win, win!
- 1000g sweet potato (peeled and cut into 2cm cubes)
- 700g water
- 500g plain flour
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp extra plain flour for sprinkling
- Steam sweet potato with boiling water.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Mash cooled sweet potato.
- Add flour, salt, butter and egg to the mash. Combine thoroughly.
- Dust board or silicone mat with extra flour. Remove dough from bowl and knead into the plain flour.
- Roll out into a 2cm sausage shape and using a knife, cut even 2cm pieces until you have used up all the dough.
- Cook immediately or set aside in the refrigerator for later use.