Do you love Triathlon as much as we do?
In 2012, Tri-Alliance launched its Ambassador Program – a chance for a male and female athlete to become a Tri-Alliance Ambassador for the upcoming Triathlon Season and share their experience, support and encouragement with fellow team mates.
To be an ambassador for Tri-Alliance, you don’t have to be the best athlete with the best results, you just have to be dedicated, consistent and openly support the TA Way.
Tri-Alliance Ambassadors will display characteristics such as positive and motivational attitude, consistently train and attend Tri-Alliance Coached sessions, encourage and support fellow athletes and have a genuine and strong passion for Tri-Alliance and the sport of Triathlon. In return, Tri-Alliance in conjunction with our partners, ON Running, Giant Ormond, Orca, Garmin and PILLAR will support YOU and your training through apparel and product support.
Meet our Ambassadors
- MALE: Gary Rosengarten
- FEMALE: Samantha Woodland
- MALE: Eduardo Oliveira
- FEMALE: Steph Anderson
- MALE: Ashley Purcell
- FEMALE: Amy Beavis
- MALE: Geoff Houston
- FEMALE: Al O’Toole
- MALE: Lance Willie
- FEMALE: Anne-Marie Cooke
- MALE: Andy Wood-Rich
- FEMALE: Lisa MacFarlane
Click here to read about our first ambassadors.
As a Tri-Alliance Ambassador you will receive the following benefits valued in excess of $1000:
- $300 RRP worth of Tri-Alliance clothing of your choice
- Two new pairs of Mizuno Runners
- A new Orca Wetsuit
- Ability to purchase a new Giant Bike at cost price
Our ambassadors will show the following characteristics:
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to become an Ambassador and actively support Tri-Alliance and the products/brands supplied as part of this program and those brands affiliated as Tri-Alliance Partners
- Demonstrate a genuine and strong passion for Tri-Alliance and the sport of Triathlon
- Display positive and motivational attitude and encourage and support fellow athletes
- Be a supporter of Tri-Alliance in other ways such as social events
- Have been a triathlete with Tri-Alliance for at least 12 months
- Openly support and uphold the TA Way
As a Tri-Alliance Ambassador you agree to:
- Consistently attend squad training sessions
- Consistently race during the Triathlon Season
- Train and race in Tri-Alliance and supported brand products including those provided in this program
- Write a regular race/training/camp blog for publication on Tri-Alliance website and other media outlets (4-6 annually)
- Actively promote Tri Alliance and triathlon through social media
APPLY NOW or put someone forward who fits the bill
Your application should include why you or the person being nominated fits the role and what they would bring to it. Also include your race goals (or those of the nominee if known) and what your greatest Triathlon achievement has been – this doesn’t have to be a specific result.
2017/2018 Season – November 2017 (date TBC)
Ambassadors announced – November 2017 (date TBC)
Tri Alliance Ambassador Program
Words from previous ambassadors:
“How quickly a year can pass, as we approach a new season and many long course races it also comes time to pass on the role of Tri-Alliance Male Ambassador. It was such an honour to be named and, over the past 12 months I have worked hard to make the Tri-Alliance team proud. I have spent time with the newbies and given advice, spent time not only racing but also cheering my fellow team members on (not to mention a running squad photo shoot). A lot of these things I would never have had the confidence to do without being given this important role. I feel it has not only made me a better athlete but has made me grow as a person. I will always fly the Tri-Alliance flag unofficially but for that short time it was nice to be recognised.” Andy Wood-rich
“It was a tremendous honour to be chosen as the inaugural female ambassador for Tri-Alliance Victoria. I was always happy to wear the TA colours and represent the squad at various sporting events, but being ambassador just made it that little bit more special. Of course it was great to get the free uniforms and the discounts – who wouldn’t want that! But it also made me a little more conscious that I was representing the TA brand.” Lisa MacFarlane
The finer details
The Tri Alliance Ambassador Program runs from November – October each season. The Ambassadors will be chosen by a panel of Tri-Alliance Coaches based on the above criteria.