Looking after and maintaining your body while training and racing is an important part of your training program. Tri-Alliance works very closely with Lakeside Sports Medicine Centre to care for and look after the body management needs of all our athletes.
Lakeside Sports Medicine Centre
Our sports medicine clinic offers patients access to a multidisciplinary team of highly trained health professionals. Treating specialists are committed to providing quality sports medicine whether it be for the elite athlete or members of the general public.
We aim to provide our patients with a complete care plan utilizing the various modalities available at our clinic including Sports Medicine, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Myotherapy, Dietetics and consulting Orthopedic Surgeons. With this multidisciplinary approach we aim to tailor our programs to suit the individual no matter the issue.
We regularly treat a range of conditions from acute sporting injuries to chronic pain symptoms as well as assisting patients with rehabilitation.
Lakeside Sports Medicine Centre is also involved in driving sports medicine research in the areas of tendinopathy and osteoarthritis management.
This ensures our clinicians look to develop treatment pathways that reflect the latest approaches in care, keeping us at the forefront of sports medicine in Melbourne.
Body Management Assessment Breakdown
These Assessments aim to provide you with the knowledge, information and guidance to ensure your health (weight / body fat) and nutrition is on track to reaching your goals.
- We calculate your body fat percentage through measurements including height, weight, girth and skin folds. An explanation on how you compare to the average person, active person and an athlete.
- We calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (calories consumed at rest) and Active Metabolic Rate (calories consumed when factoring in your activity levels). This assists you in working on a healthy eating plan.
- Calculate and explain your training zones to assist in reaching your health, fitness and training goals. These zones will become important for you to understand and monitor according to your goals.
Knowing your body fat is more important than knowing body ‘weight’. Two people of the same height and weight can look and perform vastly different simply because of their body fat percentage. Body fat is dead weight, unlike lean muscle, it doesn’t help you move, but instead hinders movement (and therefore your performance!).
Your initial consultation and assessment will take approximately 60min, your remaining assessments approximately 30min.
- Body Fat Percentage and how this compares to what you would like to achieve
- Basal & Active Metabolic Rates – knowing how much to consume to reach your goals.
- Training Zones based on your current training period and goals (heart rate and perceived effort)
For maximum benefit we recommend 4 assessments over 4 months and this is why we have provided a 4 session assessment package. This allows us to track your progress and ensure you are on moving towards your goals.
Shotz Sports Nutrition provide Tri-Alliance athletes with all their energy and hydration products.
Shotz is the brand of sports nutrition products respected by world-class athletes and active lifestyle enthusiasts at all levels and from all walks of life. To the consumer, the Shotz brand represents not only a lifestyle but superior product quality, the state-of-the-art in performance nutrition science, and an unparalleled level of customer care.
We are a sports nutrition company developing and manufacturing sports nutrition products that have a low sensory impact and are as gentle on the stomach as possible. All very important attributes for athletes wanting to perform at their best and not get held back by stomach issues.