Take advantage of our FREE six-week triathlon program to get you race ready ahead of your first Triathlon this season!
Try the Tri 1 ELWOOD NOW CLOSED
Try the Tri 1
Try the Tri 1 is now booked to capacity, Please select Try the Tri 2-6 to ensure a spot.
With so many inclusions in our six-week Try the Tri program, it’s know wonder why we are regarded as the best Triathlon Squad in Melbourne to offer beginner programs.
- Free six-week program
- 3-4 coached sessions a week for your course
- Swim, bike and run technique and fitness
- Open water swim technique and practise
- Weekly tips and tricks and general training advice
- Email contact with our coaches
- Race transition setup and race tips
- Pre-race course overview and transition walk through
- DISCOUNTED RACE ENTRY into the Fun Tri OR 2XU Sprint Tri
- FREE Raceday Massage, BBQ and warm-up area at your race!
- Access to exclusive specials including runners, bikes, bike accessories plus more!
Choose which program suits you by registering for one of the above Free Tri-Alliance Try the Tri program quicker than you can say ‘racing!’ You will receive a huge amount of support both from our coaches and partners.
Try the Tri 1: Sat 12th of October 2019 > Sat 23rd of November 2019
Race Distances: Fun Tri 150m-7km-1.2km OR 2XU 500m-20km-5km
Try the Tri 2: Sat 2nd of November 2019 > Sun 14th December 2019
Race Distances: Fun Tri 200m-8km-2km OR 2XU Sprint 600m-20km-5km OR Olympic 1500m-40km-10km
Try the Tri 3: Sat 7th December 2019 > Sat 18th January 2020
Race Distances: Fun Tri 200m-8km-2km OR 2XU Distance 600m-26.7km-5km OR Olympic 1.5km-40km-10km
Try the Tri 4: Sat 28th December 2019 > Sat 8th Feb 2020
Race Distances: Fun Tri 250m-7km-3km OR Gatorade 750m-20km-5km
Try the Tri 5: Sat 8th February 2020 > Sat 21st March 2020
Race Distances: Fun Tri 300m-10km-3km OR 2XU 800m-26km-8km
Try the Tri 6: Sat 22nd February 2020 > Sat 4th April 2020
Race Distances: Fun Tri 300m-13km-3km OR 2XU Sprint 750m-26.7km-5km OR 2XU Olympic 1500m-40km-10km
We have a number of locations and times that we hold our sessions – Elwood and CBD. So choose which sessions suit you! Each session will help you develop fitness, confidence and learn all the triathlon skills you need to know.
5;45am Run Session at from MSAC
6:15pm Indoor Bike, MSAC upper mezzanine
6.30pm Combo (open water swim/bike/run) ELWOOD BEACH
9.30-11.00am, Combo, ELWOOD BEACH
Active Recovery or day off
*Full session details will be sent once you join the program. COST: FREE Training and only $60 Race entry fee to the 2XU Sprint Race & $40 for the Fun Tri Race.
Don’t be fooled into thinking you need to spend exuberant amounts of money to get started in Triathlon. In fact, starting out is the very opposite. At Tri-Alliance, all you’ll need is a positive attitude, and any type of bike (preferably one with two wheels and that’s safe to ride on!).
Goggles and Swimmers will do just fine. If you have an wetsuit, bring that along too.
Helmet and a bicycle of any make, model or design is fine. Don’t forget to bring along your runners and bike shoes if you have specific pedals.
Runners and comfortable running gear
Still need further convincing? Many of our current members had so much fun during the Try the Tri Program, that they went on to become Social or Short Course members at Tri-Alliance. Here’s a snippet of what you can expect during our six-week beginner program;
- Motivating group sessions that are easy to follow
- Train with other like minded athletes (similar fitness/skill level)
- Improve your Fitness and Triathlon skills with fun sessions
- Increase your confidence as you challenge yourself learning new skills and knowledge
- Social, Accepting and Inclusive Environment
- Meet new people and make long-lasting friendships
- The sense of achievement as you cross the finish line at your first race!
Tri-Alliance is well known for its beginner triathlon programs and due to its popularity, our Try-the-Tri Program is back for another year! Our beginner triathlon training Melbourne programs cover all aspects of triathlon training and provide you with a taste of the technique and skills to compete this coming season. So if you have been thinking about trying a triathlon, now is your chance to get a head start before the next race.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE TRY THE TRI PROGRAM!