Take advantage of our FREE six-week triathlon program to get you race ready ahead of your first Triathlon this season!
Tri-Alliance is well known for its beginner triathlon programs and due to its popularity, our Try-the-Tri Program is back for another year! Our beginner triathlon training Melbourne programs cover all aspects of triathlon training and provide you with a taste of the technique and skills to compete this coming season. So if you have been thinking about trying a triathlon, now is your chance to get a head start before the next race.
With so many inclusions in our six-week Try the Tri program, it’s know wonder why we are regarded as the best Triathlon Squad in Melbourne to offer beginner programs.
- Free six-week program
- 3-4 coached sessions a week for your course
- Swim, bike and run technique and fitness
- Open water swim technique and practise
- Weekly tips and tricks and general training advice
- Phone and email contact with our coaches
- Race transition setup and race tips
- Pre-race course overview and transition walk through
- DISCOUNTED RACE ENTRY into the Fun Tri OR Gatorade Sprint Tri
- FREE Raceday Massage, BBQ and warm-up area at your race!
- Access to exclusive specials including runners, bikes, bike accessories plus more!
Choose which program suits you, send us an email and we’ll get you into the Tri-Alliance Try the Tri program quicker than you can say ‘racing!’
Program 1: Sat 22nd July 2017 > Sat 10th Sep 2017
Winter try the Tri 2017, Starts 22nd of March to 10th of September 26 2017 Race Distances: Fun Tri 300m-10km-3km OR 2XU 750m-20km-5km
Program 2: Sat 14th Oct 2017 > Sun 26th Nov 2017
Race 1 2XU/Fun Tri Series, Elwood, Sunday 26th Nov 2017; Race Distances: Fun Tri 150m-7km-1.2km OR 2XU 500m-20km-5km
Race 3 2XU/Fun Tri Series, St Kilda, Sunday 7 Jan 2017 Race Distances: Fun Tri 200m-8km-2km OR 2XU Distance 600m-26.7km-5km OR Olympic 1.5km-40km-10km
Race 4 2XU/Fun Tri Series, Elwood, Sunday 04 Feb 2017 Race Distances: Fun Tri 250m-7km-3km OR Gatorade 750m-20km-5km
Race 5 2XU/Fun Tri Series, Portarlington, Sunday 18 March 2018 Race Distances: Fun Tri 300m-10km-3km OR 2XU 800m-26km-8km Race 6 2XU/Fun Tri Series, St Kilda, Sunday, 08 April 2018 Race Distances: Fun Tri 300m-10km-3km OR 2XU 750m-20km-5km
We have a number of locations and times that we hold our sessions – Elwood and CBD. So choose which sessions suit you! Each session will help you develop fitness, confidence and learn all the triathlon skills you need to know.
5;45am Run Session at from MSAC
- 6:15pm Indoor Bike, MSAC upper mezzanine
6.30pm Combo (open water swim/bike/run) ELWOOD BEACH
9.30-11.00am, Combo, ELWOOD BEACH
Active Recovery or day off
*Full session details will be sent once you join the program. COST: FREE Training and only $60 Race entry fee to the Gatorade Race & $40 for the Active Feet Race.
Don’t be fooled into thinking you need to spend exuberant amounts of money to get started in Triathlon. In fact, starting out is the very opposite. At Tri-Alliance, all you’ll need is a positive attitude, and any type of bike (preferably one with two wheels and that’s safe to ride on!).
Goggles and Swimmers will do just fine. If you have an wetsuit, bring that along too.
Helmet and a bicycle of any make, model or design is fine. Don’t forget to bring along your runners and bike shoes if you have specific pedals.
Runners and comfortable running gear
Still need further convincing? Many of our current members had so much fun during the Try the Tri Program, that they went on to become Social or Short Course members at Tri-Alliance. Here’s a snippet of what you can expect during our six-week beginner program;
- Motivating group sessions that are easy to follow
- Train with other like minded athletes (similar fitness/skill level)
- Improve your Fitness and Triathlon skills with fun sessions
- Increase your confidence as you challenge yourself learning new skills and knowledge
- Social, Accepting and Inclusive Environment
- Meet new people and make long-lasting friendships
- The sense of achievement as you cross the finish line at your first race!