Mmmm pancakes…but these aren’t any ordinary pancakes!
Whether you need a pre or post-training snack, or want a special weekend morning brunch, these pancakes have you covered!
3/4 cup milk (any – cow’s, soy, coconut…)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi carb soda
1 tsp vanilla
Notes, options & handy hints
- These freeze super well so make a batch on the weekend & put them in a container to grab out of the freezer one by one when you need them.
- If frozen, I microwave one on a plate for 30 sec, add 1/2 a sliced banana to the plate, microwave for another 30 sec. Top with butter, honey, cinnamon and the goey banana.
- Optional extras: add orange zest, berries, cinnamon, additional banana, dark choc bits or cacao nibs to the mixture prior to cooking.
- If you don’t have a non-stick pan, use a small amount of coconut oil or butter #goodfats
- Recipe makes 10 – 20, depending on the consistency you like.
- Recipe makes fluffy pancakes. If you like them thin, you can get away with no bi carb soda & add water gradually as you go (the mixture thickens as it sits) until you get your desired consistency.