Everyone loves chocolate…right?!
Whether you’re stuck at home with the kids or in need of an iso treat to try…
This recipe from Jordan Cook is allegedly worth every calorie!
- 175 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 175 g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 140 g Self Raising Flour
- 35 g Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Hazelnut Chocolate Flavouring (25 drops)
- 2-3 tbsp Whole Milk
- 150 g Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 300 g Icing Sugar
- 100 g Kinder Chocolate Bars (chopped)
- Kinder Bueno
- Preheat your oven to 170C/160CFan and Line a 12 Hole Muffin Tray with Large Cupcake Cases/Muffin Cases
- Cream together the Butter and Light Brown Sugar with an electric beater till smooth – add in the Eggs, Flour, Cocoa Powder, Sweet Hazelnut & Chocolate Flavouring, and beat again till combined on a Medium Speed.
- Once combined it might still be a little stiff, so loosen with the Whole Milk – using Whole Milk is important as lower fat milks might make the mixture split slightly!
- Spoon into your Cases and Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through! Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cakes are cool, make the frosting – Melt the Kinder Chocolate Bars in the microwave on a low/medium heat until smooth – leave to cool. Beat the room temperature butter until smooth.
- Add in the Icing Sugar 1/3 at a time, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated until moving on! I use my KitchenAid for Frostings as the machine can make it so much lighter and fluffier!
- Once all of the Sugar is in the Frosting mix, keep on beating the Frosting but add the melted and slightly cooled Kinder Chocolate – beat again. If its looking a bit stiff, or a bit odd, add a tsp or two of boiling water and continue to beat until smooth.
- Decorate your cupcakes how you like, I stick in half a bit of kinder bueno each, and sprinkle on some chocolate sprinkles – and ENJOY!