Let’s get to know a little more about our 2019/20 Ambassador, Les…
Who am I?
I have two kids (10 and 6) and my wife has three (I’m the third if you didn’t catch that). I am very sports orientated. I love watching sport as much as participating. I have participated in a very wide range of sports from individual (running, race walking) to team (football, broomball, floorball, roller hockey) to name a few.
10 random questions to get to know your Ambassador.
1. What’s your ideal vacation?
2. What makes you laugh the most?
Anyone that knows me, it is just about anything.
3. Who is your favorite author?
Anne Rice. I really enjoyed her vampire chronicles.
4. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
See answer to ‘What’s your ideal vacation’.
5. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
Close to an hour. I like to sit and eat my breakfast, relax a little and take my time to get ready.
6. Is your glass half full or half empty?
Definitely half full.
7. What website do you visit the most?
Any sports website. Everything revolves around sport.
8. What is your favorite movie?
What Dreams May Come
9. Which of your scars has the best story?
Probably the one above my right eye. I was hit by a car opposite a church doing my paper run. The only thing that I remember from that day is arguing with my mother about not wearing a helmet.
10. What do you regret not doing or starting when you were younger?
Would definitely be not participating in triathlons.
…and 3 not so random questions
- What is it about triathlons that interested you?
I have always had an interest in triathlons. I remember watching as a youngster in the ‘90’s. While I have always had an interest, it is only recently that I have done something about it.
- How did you get to Tri-Alliance?
Getting into triathlons is all thanks to Tri-Alliance. I am not sure if I would have gotten into it if it wasn’t for the Try-the-Tri program. Since Try-the-Try 4 in 2017/18 it has been Tri-Alliance all the way. I was fortunate to not only have a great group of participants, but a large group that stayed on with TA.
- What are your triathlon goals?
I really want to do an Ironman or two. My personal goal at the moment is to compete in the Port Macquarie Ironman 2021.