- SWIM – MSAC Mondays (all levels)
- Mon, 23 May, 2022
- 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm
TRY THE TRI 3 – 2XU TRI SERIES RACE 3 2021/22
Train with Tri-Alliance performance club/squad of 2019, with our six weeks of FREE Triathlon training from 11th of December to 23rd January 2022. This program is designed to get you race ready for the first 2XU Triathlon Series Race 3, 14th January 2022.
BONUS TRAINING WEEK, EXCLUSIVE TO TRY THE TRI 3. JOIN US FOR HELL WEEK, 7 DAYS OF SWIM-BIKE-RUN EVERYDAY. It’s a challenge we will help you manage so you don’t over do it and get the most out of it.
Tri-Alliance is well known for its beginner triathlon programs and due to its popularity, our Try-the-Tri program is offering participants FREE triathlon training program to people of all ages, genders and fitness levels.
Our beginner triathlon training programs cover all aspects of triathlon training and provide you with a taste of the technique, skills and fitness to compete this coming season. So, whether you’re already an active triathlete, or looking for a reason to get active – we’ll get you from couch to triathlete in just six weeks!
- If you have been thinking about trying a triathlon, or improving from last year now is your chance to get a head start ready for the 2021/22 season.
- We are so confident in our coaches, our training, our facilities and our culture that unlike other triathlon training clubs, we are offering this program for FREE for your FIRST Try the Tri. No gimmicks, no holding deposits, no hidden fine print – we want to spread the love, fun and passion for Triathlon with you!
Register below for more
For more date options Please look at one of our other Try the Tri Programs HERE.
As the largest triathlon community in Australia, Tri-Alliance is based in Melbourne’s Bayside region and currently trains over 200 triathletes weekly under the guidance of eight qualified and experienced coaches.
As part of the Tri-Alliance family, you’ll receive professional triathlon-specific coaching to improve your fitness and performance, train with like-minded athletes, all whilst enjoying the social side of training. With valued partners and supporters, a large network and state of the art equipment and facilities – you will not find better value anywhere else.
Our Triathlon Coaching team consists of experienced and professional coaches. These coaches are on hand to help coach and mentor you through your triathlon journey while you are with Tri-Alliance.
Our qualified triathlon coaches are approachable, friendly and ready to answer any of your questions. The best way to experience triathlon and improve your fitness is under the guidance of a coaching team – and we have this covered.
To view our coaches, click here.
Our Try-the-Tri program encompasses all of the fundamentals of Triathlon Training including the following;
- Swimming – we’ll sort out your technique, grow your confidence in the pool and open water, learn swim-specific drills and have you swimming laps in no time!
- Cycling – learn how to mount and dismount, understand your gears, use cadence and heart rate zones, ride in a group.
- Running – Develop correct technique, increase your aerobic fitness, understand cadence and gain confidence in your running no matter your fitness level or speed. Nobody gets left behind!
- Transition – Nail the fundamentals of transition set up, T1 (water to bike) and T2 (bike to run)
- Triathlon Slang – You’ll learn all the terms, phrases and general Triathlon jargon triathletes use. Did you score a negative split in your session? What the heck does T2 or T3 mean? All this and more you’ll find out!
Don’t be fooled into thinking you need to spend exuberant amounts of money to get started in Triathlon. In fact, starting out is the very opposite. At Tri-Alliance, all you’ll need is a positive attitude, and any type of bike – preferably one with two wheels and that’s safe to ride on!
- Swimming – Goggles, hat and swimmers (wetsuit too if you have one).
- Cycling – A helmet and bicycle of any make, model or design is fine! Don’t forget to bring along shoes to wear on the bike, too!
- Running – Joggers and comfortable running gear.
Tri-Alliance welcomes participants of all shapes and fitness levels. There is no prerequisite other than having a positive attitude and wanting to give triathlon training a go!
With our friendly and experienced coaches, we’ll build your confidence and help you achieve your goals. We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all training, and as such we’ll ensure that your coached sessions are geared towards your fitness level and goals.
Our Try-the-Tri program is open to participants of all ages and fitness levels. You don’t need to a superstar runner, a fish in the water or a machine on the bike – if you’d like to give Triathlon a go, then we’d love to have you! Whether you’ve competed in a triathlon previously (but have not undertaken one of our free program before) or if you’ve set yourself the goal to complete your first one – Tri-Alliance offers our FREE program to people of all ages and all fitness levels.
Tri-Alliance is a fully-inclusive and welcoming environment, supporting athletes of all genders, age, sexualities, ethnicities, beliefs and backgrounds.
Please Note: If you are under the age of 18, you will need parental/guardian approval.
Our Summer Try-the-Tri program will operate on the below timetable though is subject to change.
MONDAY: No training – Day Off!
TUESDAY: Running @ Albert Park Lake 5:45am
Meeting out the front of MSAC’s main entrance, this session will focus on correct running technique and efficiency.
TUESDAY: Indoor Bike @ MSAC 6:15pm
Meeting out the front of Gym reception Level 1 MSAC’s. Access via lift behind MSAC facility reception. This session will focus on bike fitness, technique in a safe and controlled environment.
WEDNESDAY: No training – Day Off!
THURSDAY: Combo Session @ Elwood Beach 6:30pm
Meeting at the Elwood Life Saving Club this session will be a mix of swim, bike and run elements. We will swim and get used to the open water, practice transitions as well as work on specific bike and run skills for Triathlon.
FRIDAY: No training – Day Off!
SATURDAY: Combo Session @ Elwood Beach 9:30am
Meeting at the Elwood Life Saving Club this session will be a mix of swim, bike, run elements and plenty of skills and technique work. One of the main focuses this session is to master the transitions from Swim to bike and from bike to run. We will swim and get used to the open water, learning many useful skills and technique to help with fitness and confidence.
SUNDAY: No training – Day Off!
ADDITIONAL SWIM SESSIONS; Can be purchased for our technique swim program at St Michael’s via our 10 session pass.